Interpreters translate oral communication from one language to another during speeches, meetings, conferences, debates or in front of courts/tribunals. They may specialize in court, parliamentary or conference interpretation.

Title Examples: Community Interpreter, Conference Interpreter, Court Interpreter, Interpreter

Useful Secondary School subjects: English (Communication), Social Studies, A second language

Degrees associated with this career: Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate

Requirements: In general, to be a translator, terminologist or interpreter, you usually need a university degree with specialization in your related field such as translation, terminology or interpretation. You also need specialization in two languages, one of which should be an official language of Canada. , A university degree in a related field such as languages or linguistics plus courses in linguistic transfer and two years' experience as a translator or five years' experience as a translator may substitute for a specialized university degree.

Got queries? Post them below and our experts will get back to you:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *