Audio and Video Recording Technicians 

Audio and video recording technicians record, mix, and edit sound, music, and videotape for films, television, radio, videos, recordings, and live events.

Work: Audio and video recording technicians perform some or all of the following duties: , Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input or feed of pre-recorded material from tapes, records, compact discs, digital audio devices, and input from live microphones, satellites or microwave trucks for films, videos, radio and television programs and recordings; Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment to record videos, television programs, concerts and live events, and to edit video tape after production; Operate electronic equipment to generate program titles, credits, sub-titles, graphic backgrounds or animation for television programs; Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment to mix, combine and edit music and sound at concerts and live events; Operate dubbing machines to play back edited dialogue, music and sound effect tracks from different sources, in synchronization with motion picture film; May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other audio and video recording technicians.

Title Examples: Audio Technician, Audiovisual Technician, Post-Production Technician, Radio Technician, Recording Engineer, Recording Studio Technician, Sound Effects Engineer, Sound Mixer, Video and Sound Recorder, Video Transmission Officer

Useful Secondary School subjects: Photography, Art, Computer-related courses, English

Degrees associated with this career: High School Diploma, Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor, Master

Requirements: In general, you usually need a high school diploma. You may also need a college diploma, university degree or specialized/technical training and experience in your area of work. , You may substitute on-the-job training for formal educational requirements and may need to demonstrate your creative ability through a portfolio of work/experience. , To be a projectionist, you need a licence in the province/territory where you'll work., Most recent entrants have a trade/vocational certificate or community college diploma, and almost 3 in 10 have an undergraduate university degree.

Got queries? Post them below and our experts will get back to you:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *